BW: 164 (-3 PR, -6 Goal)
Snatch: 95x3, 115x3, 135x2, 155x1, 170x1 (Old PR), 175x1 (NEW PR 1), 180x1 (NEW PR 2)
Clean and Jerk: 135x3, 185x1, 205x1, 225x1, 235x1 (Old PR), 240x1 (NEW PR)
45# Pullups: 12 (PR or -3 PR, can't remember...)
45# Dips: 10 (-2 PR)
I did split snatch and on 180 I caught the bar with my knee touching the ground it was so low! I did split cleans for 235 and 240. 235 was harder than 240. I feel like I had 245 in me, but 2 PR's were enough for one day.
I think the big difference for me has been really focussing on JUMPING as high as I can at the beginning of the jerk. Also, I have been taking 3-4 deep breaths in between the clean and the jerk. The cleans have felt easier too. I think my old PR for just clean is 250. 240 clean felt easy, since I came back I haven't once been worried about failing a clean in a lift, only the jerk. So I am feeling pretty good right now!
The interesting thing is I have NOT plateaud since I have been doing Catalyst Athletics. Having said that, I was injured and just recently got back lifting heavy. It'll be interesting to see if I can keep adding 5lbs or so to my lifts every couple of weeks.
I'm gonna rest tomorrow since I need to get a haircut after work, and probably saturday since I am drinking heavily tomorrow night. Expect a new article on one of the days, I'm happy to take requests.
Love, peace, and hairgrease, JO.

0 comments:
Post a Comment